Scentwork is a fun search and scenting activity suitable for virtually all dogs and people. No specialist skills are required; just a keen interest in learning with and from your dog.
Scentwork harnesses the dog’s keen sense of smell; a dog’s sense of smell is more than 10,000 times more powerful than our own. Scentwork or nose work games offer your dog a fun way to use their natural talents and it’s an easy way to keep them entertained.
The benefits of teaching your dog nose work include:
- Fun way to give your dog more mental stimulation
- Gives your dog extra physical stimulation
- Builds your dog’s confidence
- Gives your dog a job to do
- Easy way to bond with your dog
- Fun & rewarding for dogs
This class is 5 weeks long and teaches your dog scent imprinting; we want the dog to recognise the scent and show a change in behaviour.
Find out more about our scentwork classes on the Dogs NZ website.