what to bring to class
- On the first night of class please bring proof of your dog's council registration (collar tag or receipt of payment) and of the dog's current vaccination.
- Bring lots of small, delicious, soft treats for your dog (such as cheese or skinless sausage) that can be eaten quickly without the dog choking on them - excited dogs often forget to chew! Possyum is a great choice and is available with the dog roll at your supermarket. Aim for small pieces - treat quantity is more important to your dog than treat size.
- Ensure that you have a treat pouch to treat from – one that attaches around your waist or clips onto a belt.
- We recommend you do not give your dog a full dinner before class. They will work harder for their treats, and they will not have to do exercise on a full stomach which can cause medical problems.
- Make sure you are wearing suitable clothing for training - clothing you don't mind getting a little dirty, and closed-toe shoes.
- A tug or toy for your dog (NOT squeaky please as this distracts other peoples' dogs).
- A suitable leash and collar- NO choke-chains or retractable leads. You should only be able to fit two fingers inside a correctly fitted collar.
- Poo bags for cleaning up after your dog.
- A good positive attitude!